Free Tax Preparation Assistance is Available
Tax season is here, and there are several Free Tax Preparation Assistance Events that can help you with completing and filing your tax return.
The events are free of charge and can help families many families claim up to $6,500 in California (EITC) and Federal Earned Income Tax Credits.
There are two ways you can get connected to free tax preparation assistance:
- If your household income was $54,000 or less in 2017, you may be eligible to receive tax preparation assistance in person by an IRS-certified volunteer income tax preparer.
- Online at MyFreeTaxes.com if your household income was $66,00 or less in 2017.
Upcoming Tax Preparation Events
Saturday, February 17, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- International Rescue Committee - 2020 Harley Ave, Sacramento, CA 95820
- Robla Elementary School - 5200 Marysville Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95823
Saturday, March 10, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Valley High School - 6300 Ehrhardt Ave, Sacramento, CA 95823
Saturday, March 17, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Mexican Consulate - 2093 Arena Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834
Appointments are required. For scheduling and site information, please call 2-1-1 (Sacramento County Residents) or 916-498-1000; or visit them online.