Celebrated artist Milton Bowens keynote speaker for ‘The Art of Caring’
Summit on Social Emotional Learning will also feature student performances
Oakland painter Milton Bowens, an arts educator whose works hang in galleries and the new Levis Stadium, will be the keynote speaker at The Art of Caring: A Social Emotional Learning Summit and Student Showcase on April 14.
Various student groups will also perform at the event, which is aimed at building awareness of and support for SCUSD’s Social Emotional Learning initiatives:
- Albert Einstein Middle School will perform an act from Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night”
- California Middle School students will perform a song from “Willy Wonka”
- Students from Sacramento Area Youth Speaks (SAYS) will perform spoken word poetry
- Children from William Land Elementary School will perform a number from “The Lion King”
- Sutterville Elementary students will sing
- Essayists from CK McClatchy will perform monologues
The Art of Caring will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, April 14, at the new Clara Midtown (formerly E. Claire Raley Studios for the Performing Arts). Refreshments will be served. Purchase at ticket at www. scusd.edu/caring.