Burbank ROTC named Distinguished Unit by US Navy
Luther Burbank High School’s JROTC unit has been selected by the United States Navy as a “Distinguished Unit” for 2013-2014, placing it among the the top 5 percent of all JROTC units nationwide.
The award recognizes the Titan Battalion for several key accomplishments this year, including:
- The Titans performed more than 3,000 hours of community service to the Sacramento region, including support of two food banks, significant air show assistance and Rotary Club-sponsored clean-ups.
- They recycled more than 2,000 pounds of metal, aluminum, glass and plastic.
- They hosted two Basic Leadership Training events.
- They competed in four drill meets and won second place overall (out of 18 teams) at the recent Northern California Drill Championships. Two teams earned first place in their respective categories making them the “Best in the West.”
- They performed Honor Guard for a 94-year-old Pearl Harbor survivor at the California Department of Veterans Affairs.
- They also provided Color Guard for the current Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Jonathan Greenert and former Secretary of State George Schultz.