Be prepared for this week’s anticipated storm
Sacramento City Unified School District is paying close attention to the expected storm to move through our area late tonight through Friday. The storm is expected to bring a wind driven heavy rain with winds at 20 to 60 mph with 2 to 3 inches of rain.
- Please note that school will be open as scheduled barring any unforeseen circumstances.
- Allow for extra time to bring your child to and from school, as traffic may be slow if the weather is extreme.
- Some areas may experience local street flooding due to leaf and debris accumulation. Normal routes to and from your school may not be available so have a back up plan.
- Many evening school functions are being postponed so please check with your school office for details.
- District facilities crews are prepared to address any issues that may arise as a result of the storm and potential high winds.
- Please know that we are taking every precaution possible to ensure normal school days.
- Go to the Sacramento County Flood & Rain Emergency Page for more resources on how to prepare and protect your family and property.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school directly.