A Community Conversation About What Matters
Please join us on November 2 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Serna Center Community Rooms for a Community Conversation hosted by our partners at the National Equity Project.
NEP works with school districts, organizations and leaders all over the country to help create conditions in schools and communities that lead to more equitable conditions, experiences and outcomes for students and families. They have partnered with us this year and are working with our leaders in schools and in the district office to increase our skill and capacity to work toward equity across our city. An important part of our engagement requires listening to several stakeholders across the system.
Some sample questions that will guide the evening’s conversation:
- What do you most want to be true for the children of Sacramento?
- What does success look like for our children? What do you think it will take to achieve that success? What does/could get in the way of achieving success?
- What do you think could make the experience of children and families better?
- What would you like to see more of or less of? What would you like to change going forward?
- What do you think is possible here in our district? What hopes do you hold for our children and families?
Please join us to participate in this important discussion. Your perspective and experience matters!